Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Clark Gable by The Postal Service

I was waiting for a cross-town train in the London underground when it struck me
That I've been waiting since birth to find a love that would look and sound like a movie
So I changed my plans I rented a camera and a van and then I called you
"I need you to pretend that we are in love again" and you agreed to

I want so badly to believe that "there is truth, that love is real"
And I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd

I greased the lens and framed the shot using a friend as my stand-in
The script it called for rain but it was clear that day so we faked it
The marker snapped and I yelled "quiet on the set" and then called "action!"
And I kissed you in a style that Clark Gable would have admired (I thought it classic)

I want so badly to believe that "there is truth, that love is real"
And I want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd

I know you're wise beyond your years, but do you ever get the fear
That your perfect verse is just a lie you tell yourself to help you get by?


____________________________________________________________

I frakin love this band/song/lyrics/story... I find it sadly romantic and have it on my list of things I want to do before I die. Film a scene that explains my feelings on romance. Whatever that means. hah.

4 comments:

Screenplay This Disaster said...

I LOVE that song. the geek in me like the film references. I've never heard that before in music. This song is literally what started me and my friend Seth's little music project cause most of our songs have film references.

- Jack - said...

It is fantastic! I like the film references because it always feels like relationships are just these small mini films in my life. Some you rewatch over and over again, and others you toss.

I'm such a huuge dork.. there are so many AWESOME-TASTIC! moments in my life that I wiiiiish were filmed so I can always remember them.

BTW I totally am digging the new picture for your blog!

Screenplay This Disaster said...

aww thanks!haha yeah i was a little hesitant to use that one.

I never thought of the mini film/relationship before. Thats cool that you think of it that way. I have some moments that I'd like to rewatch and if I could I'd edit a few things out.

I think I have amassed like 300 hours worth of tapes in my lifetime. most of it is definitely not awesome-tastic but I like to think that when I get old and start to forget things, I'll have stuff to remind me. Or I could use them like the in the Butterfly Effect

Lost Dalai Lama said...

I can't even begin to explain how greatly I connect to this song. Probably why I'm an actor. :D I feel the most alive when I'm acting on stage or for the camera.