Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wed Round Up...


Lithium Picnic has been one of my favorite photographers since I was about 16 years old. You may of seen his many photographs of Apnea and other (ex mostly) Suicide Girls. Or know about the crazy legal battle that went on between the two of them and SG.
Myspace:
DeviantArt:

I think I mostly like this image because it's so empowering to women. I imagine it's a crazy sexy hot Fight Club for girls... with kick ass shoes! :)

Source:

Source:
"By Any Means Available (After Charlotte Perriand)" 2005
cardboard, paper, plastic, magazine clippings, mixed media -Stephanie Syjunco

made a while ago but only now just photographed for better documentation. to be included in the show "This End Up" at the San Jose Museum of Art, opening in November.

I find this piece to be extremely beautiful. Now of course, some of you may be saying.. "That's a bunch of boxes.. and colors, that's nothing.. I can do that!" And yeah that may be true, but it really gets me inside. Really. It conveys my emotions, makes me think. And that's what I really look for in art.
__________________________________________________________________
I was home sick from work yesterday, so sorry for the lack of a post. Today I am back in action again though! Here is a round up of a few interesting and intriguing work I've stumbled upon. Enjoy.

No comments: