Friday, January 9, 2009

Spot Light: Up and Comers. Mixi



I Miss Those Days (Ghost) - Mixi

Do any of your watch Fuse? It's quickly becoming one of my favorite channels. And if you know me, then you know I have a weakness for bad reality TV. I've watched a little of everything, and stumbled upon a show called Redemption Song. At first I was pretty put off by it. 'Bad' girls trying to change their image to be taken seriously, and win a the chance for a record deal to make it big. Wait... bitchy girls, booze, cussing, music.. why wouldn't I like this show?!? Haha. Anyway, it was a wonderful show, and as the weeks went by I found I was getting more and more attached to the underdog. Mixi.

Her style was very much her own, which I love. Mixing hair colors, tattoos and dark eye make up, with her jazzy soulful voice, and playful attitude. I was hooked. Luckily for me, Mixi won the whole kit and caboodle, and I was there glued to my tv, squealing for her victory and buying her first real song "I Miss Those Days (Ghost)" from Itunes. And the video, super adorable! She's so cute!

Her myspace is here, and last night she had a Stickam chat going where she was answering questions and just being herself. I had some issues with my webcam and couldn't get it up and running but think I got it fixed now, so I plan to join in on Monday when she'll be back.

The thing is, she's just so real. She's a real girl that went through some hell, just like anyone else. Last night in the chat she smoked a cigarette and said "not to tell her family". Just like a normal person, and even tried to borrow a beer from a neighbor. She giggled, and smiled and was really enjoying that connection with her fans. I really recommend you give her a chance. She warms my heart.

1 comment:

Luna Hikes said...

If you like her then I'm definately gonna check her out. You have awesome taste.