Thursday, February 5, 2009

Adorable, Just.... Adorable.

Yesterday I read that they may be making a movie based on the book Get Happy, The Life of Judy Garland, by Gerald Clarke. I had wanted to read this book for sometime, and instead of ordering a used copy online for super cheap and having it mailed to me.. I decided I just couldn't wait. I reserved a copy from Barnes and Noble and picked it up on the way home.

I think I love young Judy Garland more then older Judy Garland for many reasons. Her adorable nature, her "chubby" little body, and that VOICE! My goodness. The first chapter was very boring to me, I didn't really care to know about her grandparents and where they came from and what they did with their lives, and I did skim over a couple paragraphs here and there, just cuz I wanted to get to the good stuff. Now I'm sucked in! 90 pages later, I'm about to break into the chapter about The Wizard of Oz.. :)

Yes I may be reading many books right now. This one, 1984, a book about D.I.D. called Amongst Us, listening to the audio book of The Bell Jar (again), as well as working on re-reading all 3 scripts for my massive amount of theatre this Spring/Summer with Darkroom. :) I can't help it. When life gets to you, loose yourself into a book. Dare I say I rather read then paint? Well, maybe so, but books do inspire my art.




I love this video. She is just so believable and adorable. I wanna scoop her up in my arms. Yeah that sounds creepy.


Those eyes! Ugh, I totally had the hots for her in this movie. Again I sound creepy.

3 comments:

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Judy Garland:
Please consider becoming a member of The Judy Garland Experience on Yahoo, the world's most exciting Judy Garland group.
The group features an ever changing supply of rare and never released Judy Garland recordings (as well as many of artists), an amazing collection of non published Garland photos, lively discussions, and more.
The membership includes Garland family members, other celebrities, people who knew and worked with Judy, authors, historians, film makers, and fans from every level. It appears that the only one missing is you! So please, stop by our little Judyville and check it out, You might find that you'll never want to leave.If you are not a member of Yahoo, no worries, it is free, and easy to join.
Here is the link to The Judy Garland Experience, hope to see you there:http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

- Jack - said...

Thanks! I'll totally check it out right now! :)

Luna Hikes said...

I need some inspiration. -sigh- I'm curious...can you force it? I haven't drawn in weeks and I just can't bring myself to pick up a pencil. Blah. I'm jealous of your creative juices.