Thursday, December 11, 2008

My favorite magazine: Juxtapoz Art & Culture





Juxtapoz Art & Culture Magazine.
I've been reading this magazine for almost 5 years now, and a friend of mine got me a subscription last Christmas. I'm coming down to my final months and realized, I really need to renew that! It's much easier when it comes to my house, and I get the special covers you can't buy at the store.

Through this magazine I've learned so much. I've found artists that changed my life, John John Jesse, Mark Ryden, Audry Kawasaki, and Sas and Colin Christians to name a few. (Don't worry, if you don't have time to google them all, I'll be posted about them at some point!) I am inspired by the articles, cover my walls with the pictures, and dream of having enough money to buy all the awesome toys they advertise in there.

Here is one magazine that can provide you with news about exhibits across the nation, websites to buy figures, clothing, shoes, and art... As well as inform you on anything 'art' that is going on right now. I've bought Mark Rydens book Fushigi/Mysterious Circus through that magazine. Sure there is plenty of art in there that I don't like, and tons that I love, but that's art. It's so subjective. What one person thinks is amazing, another person can think is crap. That's why I love art, I'm sure I'll post something you will find completely boring and ugly, but other things will fascinate you. Art is supposed to make you think, get your mind moving. Sigh..
Until next time!

No comments: