Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spot Light. Up and Comers!





Today's Spot Light features my co worker Ed, and his photography. Click the link to check out the rest of his work.


I've known Ed for a year and a half now, and he's that guy that always has his camera with him. Here at work there are times when we need to take pictures of things, and he's right there, ready with his Nikon D300. He can bring out the beauty in anything. Be it this Praying Mantis that hid in the back bushes at our office, or the amazing sites he saw during his Mediterranean Cruz this Fall, or just his friends hanging out.


I admire photographers more then any other type of artists. Maybe it's because I know I cannot do what they do. With illustrating or painting, I can describe the world as I see it, through my very distorted inner eye. Photographers do the opposite, they can show us the world that is around us, still using all the detail that I love in art, but this time its real. This is how the world really looks. Colors and shapes and angles.



I collect photography, saving it to my computer and getting them printed out on sites like Snap Fish, and then arranging them on my wall. What started as a wall to hang pictures of my friends, and memories I didn't want to loose... has grown into it's own art exhibit, featuring these two, as well others taken by Ed.

Now when I look on my wall of pictures, I can find the colors and shapes I want to use. It's impossible to ever achieve the vibrant colors that his camera lens finds.


And that's my first Spot Light! :)
Thanks Ed, for allowing me to write about ya!

No comments: