Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My life in pictures. Spring/Summer 2007

Title: I got nothing. Media: colored pencil, pencil, and gel pens.

I worked on this back in Spring/Summer of 2007, when a lot of stuff was changing in my life. You can see right into my mind with a lot of my illustrations. I never start off thinking "Oh, this is going to be deep!" I actually started this one with the part that's my hand. I decided not to change that one and leave it in pencil, uncolored. I can remember exactly where I was when I drew most parts to this piece, and what I was feeling. I didn't write "I've got nothing" but instead "I got nothing" this minor detail meant something at the time.

I hadn't been in school for almost a year, was unemployed, the car I just bought from a friend was failing smog and leaking oil... And I felt trapped, knowing where i wanted to be, but being pulled elsewhere. I was scared. But it was the middle of my transformation. Those things take a while ya know.

No comments: